Welcome to YA Scavenger Hunt! This bi-annual event was first organized by author Colleen Houck as a way to give readers a chance to gain access to exclusive bonus material from their favorite authors…and a chance to win some awesome prizes! At this hunt, you not only get access to exclusive content from each author, you also get a clue for the hunt. Add up the clues, and you can enter for our prize–one lucky winner will receive one book from each author on the hunt in my team! But play fast: this contest (and all the exclusive bonus material) will only be online from 3rd – 8th October!
And now for the fun bit….!
Today, I am hosting KAT STILES on my website for the YA Scavenger Hunt!
Originally a Jersey girl, sunny Texas is where Kat now calls home, in a town way up north in the panhandle called Wellington. For fun she likes to read YA, horror, and existentialist fiction, as well as watch cartoons, movies, and sometimes even cartoon movies. She also loves reading excellent indie fiction!
Hop over to Kat’s website for a chance to win some of her favorite indie reads. 🙂
And be sure to sign up for her newsletter while you’re there—you’ll get updates and promos for her books, as well as fun giveaways on cool indie fiction!
But don’t go over to Kat’s website just yet! Because you need to find out all about the book I’m hosting for Kat this YASH, which is…
CONNECTED, BOOK 2
Em is certainly no stranger to nightmares.
Kidnapped by her own father when she was only five years old, the man who gave her life has stalked her nightmares for years, lurking in the darkest corners of her mind.
She thought he was dead. But when she gets an unexpected call from him, her greatest fear comes to life. Her father is back with super powers of his own, and Em’s powerful magic might not be enough to save her or her friends from what is to come.
Fans of the first book, Connected, will enjoy seeing teens Em, Roz, and Tommy together again in high school, as they unravel the mystery surrounding Em’s father. With new characters and a new romance to love, you’ll devour this latest installment in the Connected series.
EXCLUSIVE BONUS CONTENT – IMMINENCE PLAYLIST!
Imminence (Book 2 of the Connected series) finds Em, Tommy, and Roz facing a new threat—Em’s father Jonathan, the man who haunts her dreams every night. He kidnapped her once when she was five, and now he’s back, and the gang has to not only figure out why, but prevent history from repeating itself.
Imminence has a bit of a darker feel to it than Connected, so it follows the playlist would have some darker music as well.
Link to the Imminence Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6PCA714WMPfZRdIZM0el3JDllupcQkIB
List of Songs
- Dangerous – Big Data:
- I listened to this song a lot while I was writing and editing Imminence. I love the stalker quality of it (not to mention the outrageous video), and it helped inspire the scenes in which Jonathan is stalking Em.
- Down in the Park – Foo Fighters
- This song is actually a cover of the very creepy Gary Numan original, which I also love. It helped with the darker scenes, especially the truck stop scene.
- Dreams – Beck
- I love the surreal feeling of this song, and it inspired the dream sequence late in the novel.
- Tomorrow Never Knows – The Beatles
This song has such an amazing futuristic feel, and it helped inspire the self-actualization scenes, in which Em discovers just how strong she is.
- Radioactive – Imagine Dragons
How can you not be inspired by pit fighting stuffed animals and Lou Diamond Phillips? 🙂
- Promise – Eve 6
I love the fun nature of just about every Eve 6 song. This song served to inspire the scenes between Demetri and Lauren.
- Smile Like You Mean it – The Killers
- I love the melancholy feel of this song. It’s also a sad reminiscence of childhood, and it helped when writing Lauren’s emotional state around Jonathan.
- Dear Lover – Foo Fighters
- I actually listened to a lot of Foo Fighters songs when writing both Connected and Imminence. This song has such a beautiful, sad melody that inspired some of the scenes with Em and Tommy.